- Manage delivery of products and services in the branch and related representative office(s) to ensure progress toward the goals and objectives of the strategic and operational plans that support maximum outreach under the condition of profitability.
- Manage branch operations including marketing/sales efforts, business analysis and client screening, loan disbursements, payment collection, savings (if applicable), etc.
- Participate actively in credit operations and interaction with clients; spend time in the field in direct contact with credit teams and clients.
- Perform spot checks of clients and Credit Officer Activities.
- Perform a leadership role in credit committees to ensure high technical quality of business analysis and credit decision-making. Approve loans up to amounts specified in credit manual for the position and personal credit approval limits.
- Control the level of efficiency and accuracy in all back office operations for organization and maximum customer satisfaction.
- Manage branch level administrative department to support operations and maximum customer satisfaction.
- Supervise personnel policies and procedures at the branch so that all legal and FINCA requirements are met
- Support the design, testing, and rollout of new / revised products and services as required.
- Perform regular monitoring of competitors and overall market demand in branch.
- Responsible of screening asset files as monitor customer credit appraisals, branch PAR and control the OD numbers.
- Daily monitoring of MIS on LO’s working in the individual branch(mobilization,2H,F2F, field visits).
· Staff Management and Development
- Review corporate goals and objectives in order to align individual and team goals with the organization’s ones;
- Work with each direct report and/or team to define goals, objectives including special short and long term targets, performance standards and measures to evaluate desired results
- Assure that subordinates have a clear understanding of what performance results and behaviors are expected from them
- Assure that each direct report is equipped with all technical, administrative and material resources necessary to achieve required of performance
- Document both, end-evaluation and pre-evaluation performance plan for each employee
- Supervise activities of direct reports and conduct regular meetings to review progress on the approved plans, exchange feedback
- Obtain and use feedback from internal and external customers, team members, coworkers concerning employee performance
- Address issues arising from daily operations, make adjustments in previously set performance plan if need be
- Timely conduct performance appraisal sessions according to the affiliate’s (organization’s) established procedures
- Discuss and agree on any training and/or skills needed for the accomplishment of the targets effectively/efficiently, and make specific improvement plan for the next period
- Create and maintain positive working environment to the highest ethical level; promote mutual respect, understanding, trust and cooperation among all team members;
- Advocate and commit to ongoing training and development to foster a learning culture;
- If need be, provide mentoring, coaching, counseling to subordinates to help them improve their performance, develop necessary skills and potential for career advancement;
- Recognize and encourage employees’ initiatives, contributions on overall organizational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Closely participate in employee selection process to discover opportunities for individual’s career development/planning.
- Manage and control branch compliance with all policy manuals, and other policy guidance documentation as put in effect by the ZM/RM.
- Supervise compliance and implementation of internal controls, proposing necessary changes and improvements.
- Supervise red flag and problem prevention system to mitigate operation risk. Report all findings immediately to ZM/RM to act quickly and minimize loss.
- Implement effective internal audit activities, and ensure rapid follow-up on issues raised by internal auditors.
- Respond to audit and compliance reports in a timely fashion. Follow up on findings and implement-accepted recommendations.
- Monitor high risk accounts which may be written off in future and resolve write off portfolio at branch level
- Interpret Branch financial statement with an understanding of branch level profit drivers and underlying causes of risk.
- Monitor and control Branch expenses improving operational sustainability.
- Be informed about all important activities and developments in branch area.
- Responsible for all branch issues related to administrative matters such as security, construction etc.
- Work on Branch and Area strategy with Zonal Manager to improve given key performance indicators.
- Responsible to complete pre joining documents of new joiners and report to HO
- Responsible to complete exit formalities of resigned staff and report to HO
- Responsible for daily attendance of all branch staff
- Responsible for overall branch deposits targets and maximize branch business as per assigned targets.
- Management of Branch deposits portfolio both volume and customer base.
- Work on New business development for deposits.
- Develops new deposit and clients by providing a superior level of customer relations and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation; achieves individual and branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
- Review and control the overall cost of the branch in terms of cost of funds, administrative posts as well as becoming productive through quality growth on regular basis (at least monthly) and take continuous measures to ensure the profitability of the branch.
- Develop culture and ensure implementation of full compliance of AML (anti money laundering) and KYC (know your customer) at all levels in branch.
- Responsible to visits deposits customer as per need.
- Responsible for ensuring quality services to the deposits customers within ambit of internal controls and regulatory compliance at branch level.
- Deposit mobilization and identification of potential customers for target achievement.
Competencies & Training
· Client focus
· Interpersonal skills
· Communication planning & organizing
· Judgment & decision making
· Persuasion & influencing.
· Customer service.
· Goal setting.
· Giving and receiving feedback.
· Communication skills.
· Standards of client service
· Client acquisition
· Profit & loss
· Cross check
· Financial ratios
· Risk analysis
· Completing form
· Monitoring collections
· Symptoms of fraud
· Bank Policies & procedures
Selling Skills, Custom CRM