FINCA International, one of the worlds leading microfinance institutions, provides financial services to more than a million clients through 22 subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia.
The eLearning Developer will work closely with the global team of the FINCA Development Academy (FDA) to develop an eLearning strategy for FINCA’s global network. The eLearning Developer designs and develops eLearning training material for courses that support the business strategies of the FINCA subsidiaries. The eLearning developer demonstrates and utilizes effective performance needs analysis, project management, course content development, and training evaluation skills. The eLearning Developer should demonstrate the ability to independently develop eLearning content for internal audiences.
This candidate should have in-depth knowledge and experience in the area of eLearning, be able to utilize multimedia technology and eLearning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe eLearning Suite, Lectora to produce engaging eLearning content including online quizzes that are scenario-based.
- Working with the FDA global team identifies eLearning priorities and provides a project plan.
- Confers with subsidiary Learning &Development (L&D) team members to gain knowledge and context of expected training outcomes, target audience needs, and the context of target audience work situations to meet delivery expectations.
- Develop subsidiary L&D team members on the following areas of eLearning:
- Creating a storyboard for an eLearning course and be SME’s on storyboarding for eLearning content
- Crafting basic eLearning contents such as recording roleplays, producing screencasts on Camtasia, recording voice over, etc.
- Formulates eLearning programs and determines instructional methods that are aligned with the eLearning standards of the FINCA Development Academy.
- Writes and produces eLearning materials.
- Recommends and develops testing and evaluation methods/procedures to be used during and at completion of training to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Revises design of training curriculum and methods to increase effectiveness.
- Adapts instructional materials created for one format to another format e.g. instructor-led to virtual class, virtual class to eLearning, and vice versa.
- Facilitate the FDA global team through conversion of existing instructor-led trainings to eLearning courses.
LENGTH OF ASSIGNMENT
Until end of December 2017
- Experience in using eLearning rapid development tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe eLearning Suite, Lectora, etc.
- Excellent writing skills, editing and proofreading. Able to produce ‘friendly’ learning materials and facilitator materials that speak to a wide range of users globally. The candidate needs to write eLearning materials with the needs of users (learners) in mind.
- Excellent Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint to produce high-quality and user-friendly (language, formatting and visual appearance) instructional materials.
- Good understanding of basics in graphic design to produce instructional materials (images, infographics, page design, layout, typeface)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree studies in Instructional Design for eLearning or in a related field.
Working experience with e-Learning.
Experience in the financial field preferred
Fluency in English required
Fluency in Spanish, Russian, French welcome and an advantage.
FDA global team, in particular the Learning Systems & Technology Manager.
L&D and HR teams in the FINCA subsidiaries, and with subject matter experts.
Available to travel
Project Management, E-LEARNING, INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN, Performance Need Analysis, Course Content Deveopment, Training Evaluation Skills