The Business Continuity Coordinator reports to the centralized operations, The position assists in providing strategic direction and accomplishing the tasks associated with maintaining and maturing the VCI Business Continuity Program, including but not limited to the annual updating of the Business Impact Analysis, development and maintenance of the Business Continuity Plans, testing and exercising the plans for the enterprise while working closely with all business units to implement and manage the enterprise business continuity strategy. The Specialist travels frequently to various Company locations to help create, maintain and mature the Business Continuity plans with the participation and support of the BC Supervisor. The Socialist attends industry conferences with the approval of the Manager, assists with the management of vendor relationships, acts as an Administrator and Subject Matter Expert for all Business Continuity related software, and manages and performs the day-to-day tasks of the Business Continuity Program.
This position is the critical Subject Matter Expert for the Companys established continuity plans and serves an active role as part of the Recovery Team during any incident that impacts the Companys ability to conduct business at any Company location.
The position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the Business Continuity Program for the enterprise, including (but not limited to) the following activities:
- Project and program management with the assistance of the Supervisor
- Updates and maintains the Business Impact Analysis for each area of the enterprise with the assistance of the Supervisor;
- Assists with Business Continuity strategy development
- When possible - Integrates the Business Continuity Program with emergency response planning and operations, under the guidance of the Manager.
- Manages the development and implementation of all business continuity plans with the assistance of the Manager
- Creates and conducts training and awareness programs with the assistance of the Manager
- Manages the maintenance and exercising of business continuity plans;
- Manages crisis communication planning and employee communication in a disaster under the guidance of the Manager;
- Maintain engagement of all business units within the business continuity effort and identify action plans to build the program
- Make sure that business units are actively participating in the business continuity program;
- Designs and executes testing of BC Plans.
- Assist business with assessment of potential business impact and definition of critical, time sensitive functions.
- Document the business process priorities, required supporting systems and required information for all business processes
- Consolidate, analyze, write and maintain business recovery plans;
- Provide training, planning materials and focus to ensure that each department’s plan is prepared and successfully tested;
- Provide input in the review and selection of business continuity vendors and solutions.
- Coordinate development of business unit schedules for business continuity documentation maintenance and update;
- Travel 25-50% of the time;
- Develop, manage and conduct training and awareness programs to educate the organization about the concept of business continuity;
- Train employees how to respond to a disaster and make employees aware of the plans that are in place to protect them;
- Manage and assist with the development of employee disaster communications utilizing emergency notification software by creating templates for common and specialized emergency communications, developing and implementing a process for the updating of the contact database, and educating employees and users about the tool and how it is used
- Work with Safety & Security to manage coordination with external agencies such as local Police, Fire and City officials with regard to planning and recovery issues such as placement of the mobile recovery units, and response and recovery procedures
- Serve an active role as part of the Recovery Team during any incident that impacts the Companys ability to conduct business at any Company location
- Report status of Business Continuity Program to Manager as requested.
3-5 years Business Continuity planning experience preferably in financial services
Required – Master’s Degree.
- Experience managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Demonstrated technical skills
- Business continuity certification and continuing education.
- Experience with emergency notification systems.
- Provides leadership and the demonstrated ability to motivate and engage business units to complete actionable plans in cases of business disruption.
- In-depth understanding of the Business Continuity system and programs.
- Maturation of the Business continuity programs.
- Coordination with IT and Security to better protect the company.
- Business continuity plans that have more detail and become more actionable and diversified.
- More detailed testing of plans as the program matures.
Travel – 25-50% of the time
Business Strategy, business analysis