The primary responsibility of this role is to support the ongoing build and implementation of an effective Risk reporting infrastructure, including the production of appropriate Senior Management and Board reporting. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and can assimilate and switch gears easily. Key skills required include the ability to interpret and articulate trends, themes and insights, and effectively and concisely communicate with key internal & external stakeholders. This position will analyze data to evaluate the attributes of credit policies and loan products to ensure key performance indicators are identified, monitored, addressed and recommend changes in credit policy and operations as implemented. The role requires a strong understanding of risk management practices within a financial services or banking environment. Working knowledge of Portfolio stress testing activities would be a significant benefit.
- Implement and maintain detailed portfolio analysis, reporting process and provide recommendations for enhancements in the departmental functions.
- Support the development of effective credit policies and procedures through data preparation, complex data and statistical analysis, and model output assessment.
- Quantify and report on actual vs. plan by identifying root causes for deviations.
- Perform portfolio migration analysis and cohort analysis to monitor credit performance and assess adequacy of allowance for loan losses.
- Perform Portfolio level stress testing exercise.
- Coordinate with various functional areas (Business Lines, Operations, Compliance and Finance) in order to identify strengths and weaknesses in all aspects of account origination and portfolio management that affect key performance indicators and recommend appropriate actions.
- Serve as mentor to other analysts by training and assisting in the development of skills.
- Identify data requirements by working with data stewards to receive data on a timely basis.
- Write memos and develop presentations summarizing analysis, results and recommendations.
- Provide management reports to Sr. Management of Risk Department and other Senior Management on a production and ad hoc basis.
- Enhance portfolio reporting, improve internal efficiencies, and meet changing management and regulatory requirements.